About Spring Labs:
We’re reinventing the model for data ownership and changing how information is exchanged by creating the Spring Protocol — a blockchain-based protocol that enables competitively-sensitive parties to exchange information directly, and in a fundamentally new way.
We’re a Series A company who has raised more than $38m in funding from some of the top VCs in the world, including August Capital, General Motors Ventures, RRE, Pritzker Group, Jump Capital, Galaxy Digital, Multicoin Capital, and Wavemaker Genesis.
The first use cases for the Spring Protocol are focused on building a more secure and cost-effective financial services solution for credit and identity data, effectively disrupting the existing bureau system used today. To date, we’ve signed partnerships with more than 25 of the world’s leading fintechs and financial institutions. (You can read more about these partnerships by clicking here and here.)
We're a rapidly growing team of 35 entrepreneurs from backgrounds such as Snap, Google, Microsoft, Apple, Goldman Sachs, the NSA, Avant, Harvard, Deloitte, HSBC, and more, and if you're someone who wants to work at the bleeding edge of nascent technology, push yourself and collaborate with a resourceful and highly-motivated team, and strive to build a more secure, open, and transparent world of data sharing, then we would love to hear from you!
About the Cryptography Researcher/Engineer Role:
Our growing Cryptography team is a sub-team of the Technology and Research team focused on solving difficult problems in security, performance, and privacy at scale, using cryptographic tools. This involves research, protocol design, implementation of cryptographic primitives, systems engineering, collaboration with academia, contributions to open source software development, participation in Internet standards organizations like the IETF and more.
- Theoretical Focus: Design advanced cryptographic systems and protocols
- Applied Focus: Prototype/build and optimize cryptographic systems and protocols
- Develop novel solutions that provide strong privacy and anonymity guarantees at transaction, network and user level
- Explore cryptographic techniques such as PIR, ZKP, SMPC, I2P, Dandelion, Ring Signatures and PHE/HE that can be used to develop solutions
- Ensure that solutions are performant (millisecond to microsecond) at required scale
- Identify solutions that balance security, privacy and performance depending on the use case
- Strongly focus on secure cryptographic engineering while implementing solutions
- MS/Ph.D. in a scientific field or equivalent experience
- Core understanding of applied and/or theoretical cryptography
- Significant research experience in applied cryptography and/or cryptographic engineering
- Effective verbal and written skills required for communicating complex technical issues to peers and a general audience
Additional Qualifications (Preferred, Not Required)
- Publications in top cryptography or security venues
- Experience designing, working with, and scaling distributed systems
- Open source library contributions
- Contribution to standards organization such as NIST, IETF etc.
Spring Labs Core Values
- "Everyone is a Founder"
- Operate with Integrity
- Work Hard, Have Fun
- The Best Ideas Win/No Ego
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.