In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Cross Mission Launch and Logistics team is developing the infrastructure for rapid launch, maneuver and sustainment for the USSF. The team supports the Portfolio Architect (SMC/ZA) in its role as the USSF future space capability end-state architect and portfolio manager though system-of-systems engineering, architecting, concept development, end-to-end digital engineering and technology validation/¬integration. This position provides technical and programmatic leadership for architecture development and analysis and also interfaces with senior government personnel on high impact decisions for the future development of the space enterprise.
The person in this position is expected to support Aerospace and integrated Government/Contractor/FFRDC teams leading cross mission launch and logistics implementation for rapid, survivable launch and maneuver and sustainment. Responsible for system-of-systems concepts and evaluation processes, as well as integration with modelling and simulation efforts to evaluate the resulting architectures in contested environments. Responsible for coordinating large-scale technical efforts across the project and company.
- Leading systems architecture definition/implementation and enterprise integration studies for SMC and mission partners such as ACC, USSF/HQ, and other agencies
- Leading Aerospace concept exploration and program definition studies for USSF capabilities and USSF material solutions to support COCOM missions including USSPACECOM
- Technical and programmatic integration of inputs from various mission areas SMEs
- Collaboration across SMC, other government agencies, allies, and commercial enterprises
- Develop future space system capabilities and effect end state requirements as part of a future enterprise architecture
- Tool development and deployment for system-of-systems architecting, resilient systems engineering, cost/effectiveness analysis, and exploitation/integration with commercial capabilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science, or related with 12+ years of relevant progressive work experience in systems architecture, systems integration, systems engineering or combined experience in multiple areas
- Broad familiarity with USSF (formerly Air Force Space Command), the Intelligence Community and Civil and Commercial space systems, ground systems, missions and architectures
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead cross-functional, high-performance teams
- Demonstrated ability to estimate resources required for large-scale studies and analyses
- Demonstrated ability to build and/or maintain substantive rapport with government customers, other FFRDCs and contractors
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills – clear, concise, persuasive communication, logically organized with professional style
- Some travel is required
- Eligible for a Top Secret clearance and SCI access which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- An excellent personal technical reputation and a record of personal technical achievement in one or more of the following skill areas: concept exploration, architecting, prototyping, demonstration, and program planning
- Experience with mission architectures and implementations
- Experience with joint command and control systems engineering, sustainment or operations.
- Experience across a broad range of USSF and DoD missions and architectures
- Ability to organize and execute high quality, substantive events, major studies and executive presentations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with customer representatives at all levels from junior to senior executives and generals
- Experience with mentoring
- Experience with cost estimation and risk management
- Current TS/SCI or SAP clearance