Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250+ live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview & Responsibilities:
With bold goals that include the expansion of our US Operations and a commitment to Internationalization and Interplanetary entertainment, we are growing our Architecture Team to scale for the incredible road ahead. As a Product Architect for Core Infrastructure you will help the Architecture team deliver their projects to production. If you have a passion for building great products, enjoy the art of collaboration, and have the ability to drive decisions that lead to highly reliable complex systems, we want to talk to you. This role reports to the SVP of Product Architecture.
- At least 5 years experience developing software on at least two of the following platforms: iOS, Android, Roku, HTML.
- At least 5 years experience working with server API teams to influence API design decisions.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
- Designed, developed and deployed to production multiple components that have been used across multiple engineering teams and multiple micro services.
- Hands-on experience designing and building for highly-available distributed services across multiple data centers and cloud providers
- Understanding the current system and suggesting areas that need improvement for future growth and features
- Mentoring other engineers to strengthen design and implementation decisions
- Documenting system designs
- Proposed new microservices or refactoring of existing microservices that have been built and deployed to production
- Experience with observability, tracing calls through multiple layers of a distributed software stack
- Influencing, designing and leading the implementation of core reusable components for a microservices and event-driven architecture with High Availability and resiliency
- Influencing, designing and leading the implementation of APIs for client/server and server/server communication
- Demonstrate understanding of and clearly explain the appropriateness of software patterns
- Can balance separation of concerns and denormalized data with data consistency across multiple micro services
- Ability to make tradeoffs and explain API design decision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to [email protected] Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.