Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Configuration Management Engineer who will be responsible to deliver custom eCommerce and marketing software solutions effectively supporting development efforts of multiple teams.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Here at Golden Hippo we work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We pride ourselves in our incredibly diverse workforce. We intentionally strive to cultivate, create, and celebrate a rich, vibrant and inclusive culture of belonging where our employees feel respected and empowered. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life...)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open, inspiring office space
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities such as manager and employee development classes, book clubs, webinars, mentorship program, Hippo Talks, and much more.
- Regular celebrations and happy hours
- Highly interactive work with a talented, diverse, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Operate a collection of software systems through effective change management control, deconflicting and reviewing code from the test to production stages in multiple pipelines
- Support the operation and continuing improvement of a heavily configuration driven group of systems
- Manage software and configuration changes to confirm the necessary development, testing and reviews were performed before software is promoted into production
- Minimize the risk of negatively impacting revenue from code and configuration changes
- Reduce the duration of revenue impacting events through effectively updating the software components that constitute the eCommerce platform under strict control and with compete traceability
- Mitigate issues in a timely fashion through effective production deployment monitoring and rollback planning
- Work together with project managers and team leads from multiple development teams to ensure the successful delivery of solutions
- Provide traceability and analyze the impact of major technical changes to the platform proactively, coordinating increased resources to monitor major deployments for systemic problems that impact revenue
- Deploy and measure impacts of changing solutions for Marketing and Advertising teams working with business and development teams both inside and outside the company
- Ensure successful delivery of new eCommerce solutions
- Agile while maintaining system stability and business performance
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5-7 years of experience
- Experience in managing the deployments and configurations of large service-oriented systems supporting eCommerce solutions
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Advanced skills in the full software development lifecycle
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Track record of delivering eCommerce solutions with strong security and performance characteristics
- Working knowledge of content management system (CMS) driven eCommerce
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo is an equal opportunity employer.