Computer Engineer at Epirus
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:20 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, November 21, 2020
At Epirus, we build artificial intelligence systems and directed energy weapons that enable unmatched offensive and defensive electromagnetic pulse capabilities. Our team combines engineering talent and Special Operations combat veterans to address 21st century threats. We embrace innovation and agile development to deliver breakthroughs in high-power microwave technology for offensive and defensive EMP and artificial intelligence for enhanced targeting capabilities.
Job objective: This role will help literally save the world: this work will be for Epirus’ proprietary power management software that will address the problem of the world’s power consumption issues with electronic devices by increasing power efficiency and saving power through software and firmware techniques. This is for an embedded software engineer to create software and firmware modules that perform power management operations for computer systems including personal computers, servers, but also embedded digital devices, cell phones, etc. This person will have to have a growth mindset, be willing to work on a variety of projects in this area, be innovative; free thinkers are encouraged to apply.
- Write software for monitoring voltage and current and power on compute devices such as desktop PCs and laptops
- Write power management algorithms
- Write algorithms to analyze CPU and performance load data
- Potentially get OS / firmware drivers written to interface with power management units
- Undergraduate degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or equivalent
- Sufficient prior experience having taken several packaging designs from concept phase through completion
- US Person (Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Experience with Advanced Configuration Power Interface (ACPI)
- Experience with interfacing with power management units
- Experience with power interface drivers
- Predictive Analytics: Ability to analyze CPU and performance load data and make predictions
Epirus was the magical bow with infinite arrows wielded by the Greek hero Theseus. Like our namesake, we strive to be fast, efficient, and limitless in our approach. This agility, combined with a culture of innovation in systems development, allows us to move quickly without losing the decades of lessons learned.
We have developed technologies that leverage new breakthroughs in sensors and high-power microwaves, combined with computer vision and advanced software control. Our first broad-market application is a comprehensive defense system to defeat offensive drones at scale.
Read Full Job Description