Team and Role Overview
This role is part of the Factory Team, building the world’s first large-scale commercial metal 3D printing production factory. Help our team scale to production by working with design engineers, 3D printing engineers, machinists, and technicians to handle production and final machining for engine hardware.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
- Setup CNC mills (3-axis, 5-axis) and CNC lathes to keep production moving.
- Operate CNC mills and lathes (multiple shifts) and ensure production targets are met.
- Select tooling and fixturing to properly setup and operate machines.
- Exercise a mindset of continued learning as you develop new skills towards programming and machining.
- Must be relentlessly curious about finding new solutions to new challenges.
- Able to grow with the team as new capabilities and demands evolve.
- Must be self-motivated to own tasks and chase them to completion.
- Must be a team player with no ego who will on any task to help the team succeed.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- The ideal candidate has 2+ years of experience setting up and operating CNC mills and lathes in a production environment.
- Must have experience working as a manufacturing engineer in R&D or production settings.
- Must understand GD&T and how to read a drawing.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience with programming CNC machines is a plus.
- Experience operating multi-axis CNC machines is a plus.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.