CNC Setup / Operator at Relativity Space
Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
This role is part of the Factory Team, building the world’s first large-scale commercial metal 3D printing production factory. Help our team scale to production by working with design engineers, 3D printing engineers, machinists, and technicians to handle production and final machining for engine hardware.
What you’ll do:
- Setup CNC mills (3-axis, 5-axis) and CNC lathes to keep production moving.
- Operate CNC mills and lathes (multiple shifts) and ensure production targets are met.
- Select tooling and fixturing to properly setup and operate machines.
- Exercise a mindset of continued learning as you develop new skills towards programming and machining.
What you need to know:
- The ideal candidate has 2+ years of experience setting up and operating CNC mills and lathes in a production environment.
- Must have experience working as a manufacturing engineer in R&D or production settings.
- Must understand GD&T and how to read a drawing.
- Must be relentlessly curious about finding new solutions to new challenges.
- Able to grow with the team as new capabilities and demands evolve.
- Must be self-motivated to own tasks and chase them to completion.
- Must be a team player with no ego who will on any task to help the team succeed.
Nice to haves but not required – if you do not meet all of these criteria, you should still apply:
- Experience with programming CNC machines is a plus.
- Experience operating multi-axis CNC machines is a plus.
We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.