The Hyperstructures team is responsible for design and development of the backbone infrastructure, portals, and mechanisms that make travel on the transportation system of the future possible. As a Senior Bridge Engineer, your designs and analysis will be instrumental in developing a safe, cost effective, and robust infrastructure (tube) design. We are seeking candidates with broad skill-sets and various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Responsible for design, development, and testing of vacuum structures for the first commercial Hyperloop production system.
- Drafts and reviews design requirements for the standard vacuum structures
- Plans and oversees design and analysis activities for production vacuum structures
- Performs system level and detailed design of vacuum structures
- Reviews prints for manufacture of vacuum structure and other hardware
- Outlines test programs for proprietary Virgin Hyperloop One hardware
- Collaborates with internal teams and external partners to advance design of vacuum structures and interfacing hardware
- Coordinates and produces documentation of hardware for dissemination to fabricators, customers, vendors, and other parties
- Provides responses to requests for information from potential customers and from business and other functions within the Virgin Hyperloop One organization
- Attends and provides feedback to design reviews for systems interfacing with the vacuum structures
- Provides cost related input for Hyperloop vacuum structures and other structural systems to the project team
- Assists with feasibility studies for Hyperloop projects around the world
- You have seen your designs mature from clean-sheet sketches to in-service civil infrastructure and are confident in your abilities and capable of forming far-reaching plans that include contingencies for inevitable changes in requirements, turbulence in the development life-cycle, and the general chaos that accompanies any new development project.
- You have touched every aspect of viaduct design, from drafting to tooling design to inspection of the completed product
- You have the ability to remain cool under pressure, efficiency in prioritizing and executing tasks, the ability to make decisions in the face of incomplete information, and the ability to lead a small team in such a way that each contributor’s output is amplified by group collaboration.
- With a proven track record of solving complex technical challenges, the candidate must be highly self-motivated and have a keen attention to detail.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be capable of communicating across time zones and cultures to collaborate with international development and construction partners.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- BS with multiple years of experience in bridge engineering or related discipline.
- Significant experience in planning, analysis, design, plan preparation, specification development, and report writing
- Able to identify and utilize applicable industry design standards
- Significant experience designing with steel and concrete bridge structures
- Significant experience with structural engineering software packages (SAP2000, MIDAS, SOFISTIK, ANSYS, etc.)
- 10+ years of experience in either bridge design or structural engineering, with 3+ years in a leadership position
- Advanced degree (MS, MEng, or PhD) in Civil or Structural Engineering, or similar field
- Professional Engineer (PE) and Structural Engineer (SE) license
- International project experience
- Design with novel materials
- Experience with seismic isolation and/or damping devices
- Fabrication and/or installation of complex structures
- Performing on-site structural inspections and/or observations during construction
- Experience with designing precast, pre- or post-tensioned concrete structures
- Product development in a start-up environment
- Design skills utilizing AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- A working knowledge of Teamcenter and Unigraphics/NX
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation. We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored and processed, please click here.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description