Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
As the Battery Engineer, you’ll be an integral part of the Battery Engineering Team where you’ll contribute to the design, testing, and final validation of the battery system. You will be working with the primary battery systems engineer to test candidate cells, design future battery systems, support existing platforms, and design and test battery management system behavior and performance. You will be a part of doing the initial programming and behavior development of new battery systems while testing and optimizing the battery management algorithms.
You will be one of the internal battery subject matter experts for all battery related knowledge requirements, advising the other vehicle engineering teams as necessary for current and future projects.
What You'll Do:
- Hands on testing
- Flashing Test Units
- Performing verification of functionality
- Participation in DFMEA exercises
- Supporting data analysis of cell and pack testing
- Designing SOH and SOC algorithms
- Designing BMS SW strategies
- Writing SW and HW test cases and plans
- Supporting certification requirements review and testing
- Spec’ing equipment for development and resting of batteries
- Continual-improvement engineering
What You'll Need
- Programming and scripting skills
- Understanding and interest in li-Ion batteries
- Experience coding for battery management systems
- Experience working with suppliers
- Proficient with basic Microsoft office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN) communication interface
- Familiarity with Vector CANoe / CANalyzer
- Bachelor’s degree in Software or Electrical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in Battery or EV systems development
- Ability to think outside the box and find creative solutions
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems and their interactions
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm, and driven personal vision
- Excellent communication skills and team-working tendencies
- Multi-tasking and self-starting
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description