Backend Software Engineer
Are you interested in joining a leader in Virtual Reality? NextVR delivers live events in virtual reality for devices like the GearVR, Oculus, Google Cardboard, etc. Our server team is growing and we are looking to hire core members to design and develop cloud based backend services.
We are a team that moves quickly with 2-week sprints. We believe strongly in quality but we occasionally break things and learn from the experience. The ideal candidate is someone who knows how to balance quickly adding value while at the same time managing technical debt to maintain long-term efficiency.
Our technology stack includes: Go Lang, Mongo DB, Redis, MySQL, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery
- Design and implementation of common security protocols and data protection best practices.
- Develop and implement a large scalable and highly available infrastructure.
- 3 + years professional backend software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field
- Strong working knowledge of large scale live service operations
- Experience and understanding of stable change management best practices
- Proven experience with network protocols, databases, and security
- Knowledge and experience with server monitoring tools and best practices
- Experience in Cloud Computing (Google Cloud, EC2/AWS)
- Experience in database platform (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis etc.)
- Solid understanding of Go programming languages
- Strong understanding of REST APIs
- Good understanding of OS fundamentals, Linux internals and shell programming