Backend Software Engineer- e-Commerce
Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve. Sound interesting?
- BS in Computer Science or Relevant Technical Area. Alternatively, have 3+ years of experience as a Backend Engineer
- Advanced knowledge in Computer Science, Data Structures, Algorithms and overall Software Design
- Experience with GIT and/or SVN
- Experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Experience with REST API Design (JAX-RS is a plus)
- Experience with SOAP APIs
- Experience programming with JEE (JBoss/Wildfly is a plus)
- Experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting and tools like awk, sed, curl
- Experience with Relational Database Systems (PostgreSQL)
- Experience integrating with storefront systems (BigCommerce, others)
- Experience integrating with accounting systems (Sage Intacct, others)
- Experience integrating with fulfillment systems (Seko 3PL Central, others)
- Experience integrating with payment systems (credit card processors, Braintree, others)
- Experience with test tools like JUnit, Arquillian, JMeter, Postman, etc.
- Experience with Distributed Cache implementations with Memcached or Redis
- Experience with AWS EC2, S3, ELB, SQS, Aurora, RDS, OpsWorks, Elasticache
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to help your team win
- Self-motivation to deliver results and seek continuous improvement
- Enthusiasm for cycling and/or Zwift
- Experience with BigCommerce
- Experience working in eCommerce, payments, and/or customer support portals
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
Top 5 Reasons We Think You'll Love It Here:
- Great Employee Fitness Program
- Amazing office location on the 18th floor with a killer view
- Full benefits package
- Awesome team of diverse individuals that love what they do
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.