Back-End Software Engineer at Viant
| Orange County
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:16 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 26, 2021
Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
Our Engineering team works on the development of the Viant platform in an agile environment. You would have the opportunity to work on the design and implementation of big data systems, working with petabytes of data and real-time map reduce to match against billions of transactions in real-time. Our platform uses advanced machine learning techniques and the newest big data processing technologies, and is deployed in a distributed, multi-region, cloud-based infrastructure.
- Designing, developing, testing, debugging and deploying applications and reports using various technologies in a hybrid cloud environment in AWS and GCE.
- Writing complex SQL queries.
- Strong foundation in server-side / back-end technologies.
- Solving complex performance problems, architectural challenges and production issues.
- Working with product owners, fellow engineers and operations team members.
- Following organization processes and procedures.
- Ad-hoc duties as needed.
- Minimum B.S in computer science, mathematics or related field.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience.
- Strong foundation in computer science.
- Experience with any one of OOP related languages like Java or C#, etc.
- Experience with web services or RESTful services or micro-services.
- Experience with relational databases like MySQL or SQL Server or Oracle or Postgres.
- Experience with noSQL databases like mongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with AWS, GCS, Azure or other similar cloud providers.
- Experience with container-based technologies like Docker.
- Experience with caching technologies like AWS elastic cache, Redis, etc.
- Experience with queues / pub-sub technologies like AWS SNS/SQS, etc.
- Experience with software testing tools and methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn newer technologies.
- Must be a team player.
- Good sense of humor.
- Exposure or understanding to Golang.
- Exposure to project management software like JIRA, Asana, Rally, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of Content Delivery Network like AWS CloudFront, Akamai, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of cloud storage like S3, GCS, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of APM technologies like AppDynamics, New Relic, etc.
- Exposure or understanding of monitoring technologies like Sensu, Nagios, Cacti, etc.
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.