Avionics Test Engineer at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space – starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it. This is why we are growing and looking for team members to join us that feel just as excited and driven to accomplish something that has not been done before, together.
We are expanding our Avionics team! We are seeking an eager, driven, and ambitious Avionics Test Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This Avionics Test Engineer position will provide outstanding technical engineering in the testing of our avionics hardware, and the transition from initial development testing to full rate production test. This Avionics Test Engineer position and role will include testing sub-assemblies, testing at the test site and support launch.
Come join our mission of building humanity in space!
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Avionics Test Engineer, you will have a key role in ensuring the proper testing of our components, as well as contributing the to the testing of the sub-systems and launch vehicle. This will include the development of a test infrastructure for component testing, including test racks, test circuits, test software and GUIs. These developments will also be used for higher level assemblies across our organization.
The ideal candidate is someone that is excited to work on component testing and associated automation, but is also constantly looking to acquire more skills. They should be able to use CAD tools for designing the test racks, circuits, harnessing and test fixtures skills to robustly test our components in an automated environment. They should have experience testing complex components. They are focused on keeping solutions simple and practical, supporting our schedules, delivering quality solutions and taking full ownership of testing. The candidate should be proactive and inquisitive to make the best judgements possible in any given situation. They strive to learn the ins-and-outs of existing processes and apply critical thinking skills to improve test and production capabilities. A successful candidate should be communicative, be respectful, strive to achieve compromise, and be flexible with their schedule.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in electrical engineering or comparable and 5+ years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing test infrastructure to ensure the proper and thorough test of components and systems
- Background of developing bring-up tools to support preliminary testing during development
- Test rack development to support automated tests
- Experience developing tests to support extreme environmental testing
- Skilled with developing test software (e.g. python, Beckhoff, LabView)
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- Electrical CAD and circuit design experience required
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Prior work on a launch vehicle
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience developing test plans based on SMC-S-016 or comparable, and tailoring to company needs
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.