Avionics Mechanical Engineer
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented Avionics Mechanical Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical leadership in the development of the Terran 1 avionics enclosure design, as well as structural and thermal analysis to ensure our avionics works on the rocket as intended.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in ambiguity and is able to own their projects and take them into completion. Ideally, you are someone who has come from a fast paced, aerospace (or related) environment, having completed difficult projects while collaborating effectively with other key groups.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies:
In order to be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- 3+ years of experience in a full cycle mechanical design engineering role and a Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Experience designing enclosures for electronics or small, complicated assemblies
- Structural and thermal analysis abilities (from hand calculations to advanced analysis)
- Experience with 3D CAD software
- Good communication skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- 5+ years of experience and an advanced degree
- Extensive experience with Creo/ProE
- Experience using Nastran and/or ANSYS
- Experience designing for launch vehicle or for ruggedized environments
- Knowledge of design for Additive Manufacturing
- Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams
- Creative, self-motivated problem solver
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.