Avionics HITL Engineer
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented hardware in the loop (HITL) engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical support in bringing our test program online, and providing consistency across our test activities.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Avionics HITL Engineer, you will have a big role in ensuring the proper system level verification of our launch vehicle, with a focus on the Avionics and GNC sub-systems. This will include the development physical system, comprised of the full avionics suite and test systems to interface to it, as well as creating and integrating models and simulators to interface and control these physical systems.
Relativity Space is changing the way rockets are built--this means that you will be spearheading our efforts in developing complex hardware in the loop systems with our mission in mind. You should come from a fast paced company--preferably within the automotive, aviation, space, or any other industry integrating large scale systems/HITL.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or comparable and 5+ years relevant experience.
- Experience developing hardware in the loop systems for complicated systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop software models to simulate sensors.
- Ability to integrate different simulation models and software to form a complete system.
- Test rack development to interface to avionics.
- Experience developing test procedures and verification matrices.
- Skilled with developing test software (e.g. LabView, python, Beckhoff)
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior work on a launch vehicle
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description