Avionics Hardware Engineer
Greater LA Area
Relativity seeks a highly talented Avionics Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide assistance in the design of the Terran 1 avionics system, as well as helping build a world-class avionics team. A high degree of autonomy is required.
- Provide assistance in the design, development, testing, integration, and operation of launch vehicle avionics.
- Develop electronic hardware assemblies through the full product lifecycle—conceptualization, requirements definition, circuit design, prototyping, schematic capture, board design, testing, and manufacturing.
- Provide input on avionics systems requirements in partnership with our vehicle systems team.
- Provide support for system testing, vehicle integration, and verification of hardware acceptance/qualification.
- Provide assistance with avionics studies and analysis.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and 2+ years relevant experience.
- Strong foundational knowledge in Avionics for space systems or launch vehicles.
- Hands on experience with analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuit design, analysis, test, and debug.
- Knowledge of circuit development, performance modeling, end-to-end simulation, and implementation.
- Familiarity with hardware design, block diagrams, and schematic capture.
- Familiarity with analog/digital sensor interfacing circuitry.
- PCB layout experience.
- Board bring-up experience.
- Graduate degree in a related engineering field and 5+ years of experience in Avionics development
- Design of analog to digital conversion circuitry
- Designing digital communication interface circuitry using Ethernet, RS422, CANbus, etc.
- Design of high-speed processing and embedded circuits
- Functional acceptance and qualification test development experience
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
Read Full Job Description