Avionics Hardware Engineer
Greater LA Area
Relativity seeks a highly talented Avionics Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide assistance in the design of the Terran 1 avionics system, as well as helping build a world-class avionics team. A high degree of autonomy is required.
- Provide assistance in the design, development, testing, integration, and operation of launch vehicle avionics.
- Develop electronic hardware assemblies through the full product lifecycle—conceptualization, requirements definition, circuit design, prototyping, schematic capture, board design, testing, and manufacturing.
- Provide input on avionics systems requirements in partnership with our vehicle systems team.
- Provide support for system testing, vehicle integration, and verification of hardware acceptance/qualification.
- Provide assistance with avionics studies and analysis.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and 2+ years relevant experience.
- Strong foundational knowledge in Avionics for space systems or launch vehicles.
- Hands on experience with analog, digital, and mixed-signal circuit design, analysis, test, and debug.
- Knowledge of circuit development, performance modeling, end-to-end simulation, and implementation.
- Familiarity with hardware design, block diagrams, and schematic capture.
- Familiarity with analog/digital sensor interfacing circuitry.
- PCB layout experience.
- Board bring-up experience.
- Graduate degree in a related engineering field and 5+ years of experience in Avionics development
- Design of analog to digital conversion circuitry
- Designing digital communication interface circuitry using Ethernet, RS422, CANbus, etc.
- Design of high-speed processing and embedded circuits
- Functional acceptance and qualification test development experience
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description