Avionics Firmware Engineer
Greater LA Area
Team and Role Overview:
Relativity seeks a highly talented Avionics Firmware Engineer to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide embedded software/firmware to support the development of the Terran 1 launch vehicle. The main responsibility will be to provide code for processors distributed around the vehicle interfacing sensors and actuators. Additional projects include embedded software for avionics hardware development tools.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives:
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Avionics Firmware Engineer, you will have a large impact on the code that interfaces sensors and actuators around the vehicle. You will personally develop the avionics firmware and system requirements in partnership with the Vehicle Systems team. In addition, you will also be responsible for the design, test, integration, and operation of the launch vehicle avionics firmware for our first flight article.
You will deliver highly reliable embedded software for hardware components. Implementing best practices and ensuring high-quality code is also quite important as this is an opportunity to work on firmware for the first launch of Terran 1 which will be reused and iterated for future launches and vehicle upgrades.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) in Electrical, Computer, Software, and Aerospace engineering or related field and 2+ years relevant experience.
- Hands on experience working in the area of avionics firmware for space applications
- Experience with embedded C/C++ or similar language
- Version control system experience such as with Git
- Experience interfacing embedded communications protocols such as SPI, RS422, CANbus, etc.
- Experience interfacing analog to digital (ADC) and digital to analog (DAC) converters
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Prior work on orbital flight firmware
- Experience in a startup or agile development environment
- Experience with ARM-Cortex M based microprocessors
- Real-time processing design
- Experience with embedded operating systems
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description