Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
The Autonomy team at Anduril develops planning algorithms and optimization techniques for aerial, space, aquatic and land-based platforms. Anduril's Ghost UAS, Sentry Tower and our other autonomous platforms work in tandem to capture real-time intelligence and fully map areas of interest. Our planning and optimization algorithms must allocate multiple assets to accomplish collaborative tasks in an efficient manner. This may simultaneously involve systems in the air, in space, at sea or on land.
As the Optimization Engineering Lead, you would develop robust, creative solutions for planning and optimization that address the growing scale of customer fleets, introduction of new tasks on the fly, complex constraints, and the need to routinely deploy efficient, production quality software. Your algorithms may run on a mesh of computational nodes in flight on air or space craft, dynamically finding taskings to respond to events in the field or additional user requests. You would work with the Autonomy, Platform, Hardware and Operations teams to ensure our integrated solutions are impacting critical customer needs.
Anduril offers a very engineering-driven, team-oriented environment, high levels of autonomy, and a chance to see your engineering progress fly every day.
- MS in Computer Science or related field
- Strong algorithmic skills in optimization of complex constraints on geometry and resources
- Experience developing distributed algorithms
- Proven success developing algorithms used in a production-level system
- Strong development skills
- Passion for defending the United States and her allies
- Experience with satellite comm and observation scheduling
- Experience with incomplete, approximate and probabilistic algorithms, local repair
- Experience with autonomous systems
- Experience developing mission-critical software and delivery at scale
- Strong C++ skills
- Tech lead experience
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems and export controlled data.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!