Automation Engineer (Welding)
Relativity is looking for an Automation/Weld Engineer to join the multifaceted Additive Manufacturing team comprised of software, automation and computer vision engineers who work closely with welding engineers. This position will play a crucial role in expanding the systems that help us autonomously 3D print rockets!
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As an Automation/Weld Engineer, you will help build the core of our robotic 3D printing and automation capability via the development of world-class additive manufacturing processes to print orbital rockets.
You will create automated services and products with the verification and traceability required for manufacturing flight hardware. These products will increase the part complexity the printers can make, increase uptime, and minimize the need for human intervention. You will develop and optimize our deposition process to be sufficient for flight quality parts and perform sensor selection, data collection, and develop control loops integral to the capability of our 3D printers to make our first rocket for flight mid-2021.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s in either Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics, or a relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in developing automated electromechanical systems
- Experience developing software and controls for industrial robots
- Experience writing software in Python and C++
- Experience setting up and integrating equipment with industrial robots
- Experience using and creating software development guidelines
- Experience designing safety circuits for industrial robots
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- Experience with using weld processes for additive manufacturing
- Experience with welding processes and their integration in robotic cells.
- Understanding of basic metallurgy of aluminum alloys.
- Knowledge of relevant aerospace manufacturing and welding specifications, such as AWS D17.1 and other applicable standard welding specifications
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.