Atlassian Engineer at Anduril (Greater LA Area, CA)
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Arsenal team designs builds, and maintains internal systems, applications, and infrastructure across the enterprise. Whether architecting infrastructure for complex warfighting simulations, helping the sales team track deals, or powering critical cloud services, Arsenal engineers are there to support. We are looking for an Atlassian Engineer to join our team to partner with different teams across the company and provide technical and product leadership for the Atlassian suite of products.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Use your creative approach to bring together the best of the state-of-art technical solutions, facilitate critical processes, and hands-on delivery of technical solutions to problems that cannot be implemented using standard off-the-shelf Enterprise Solutions.
- Install, manage and administer Jira and Confluence instances and add-ons.
- Manage permissions, administer and create Jira Projects/Boards
- Partner with Engineering, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Finance Teams to implement processes related to the Atlassian suite.
- Resolve issues as they arise with Jira Projects and Confluence in coordination with project leads
- Provide training for employees on Jira and Confluence regarding usage of the tools and new functionality
- Work with features such as Insight, Advanced Roadmaps, Sheets, Structures, Automation for Jira, Checklists, and Calendars
- Build workflows and automation to make Atlassian product usage as self serve as possible
- Deliver demos and training sessions to stakeholders and ensure maximization of the Atlassian Suite of products
- 4+ years’ experience with Atlassian administration using the Data Center edition
- Experience with Jira Servicedesk, Jira Software, Confluence
- Experience with JQL and JSON
- Experience building custom solutions, integrations, and automation with Jira Software
- Experience with various Atlassian Product features like Advanced Roadmaps, Structures, sheets
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, resolve user issues, and work autonomously to solve problems.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with multinational companies composed of discrete business units with possibly disparate software and internal application requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong security mindset
- Conceptual and practical understanding of ITIL
- Passion for creating a culture of inclusiveness
- Active U.S. Top Secret security clearance
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!