Associate Development Manager - League of Legends, Illustration Producer
Development Managers work together as part of the giant central nervous system that includes nearly everyone at Riot. We’re interlaced on teams throughout the entire company, coordinating across different products and regions as we share goals, insights, and standard methodologies. It is through this communal learning, growing, and sharing of information that we can help lead teams across Riot to delivery excellence.
Development Managers are delivery leaders at Riot. We lead teams to deliver player value through effective agile work systems and practices. While driving internal alignment and accountability for teams and development organizations, we also consistently focus on process improvement.
Do you want to work closely with creative teams? Do you want to help bring positive experiences to players through iconic art for the characters that they love? As an Associate Development Manager on the League of Legends Gameplay team, you’ll be assisting in driving the delivery of exceptional quality Champion Illustration assets across multiple teams. Your work will play a key role in enabling an efficient and high-functioning internal and external illustration team.
- Partner with Illustration Team Captain to craft the team's process and delivery strategy on a small to medium size team
- Monitor and improve the teams' development work systems, deadlines, and processes, and flag concerns or problems to leadership when support is needed
- Ensure healthy relationships with partner teams, such as Personalization/Gameplay teams, and drive visibility into team priorities and schedule
- Facilitate core team rituals - stand-up, retro, reviews - and improve upon them
- Partner with Outsourcing producers (and internal team producers) to identify healthy outsourcing strategy to build a clear delivery pipeline and process, then facilitate that pipeline
- Experience working with internal and offsite developers
- Experience running agile rituals and adapting them to the needs of a team
- Experience coordinating dependencies / requests outside of team
- Experience interacting with team stakeholders and ensuring healthy communication
- Familiarity with JIRA
- A natural curiosity around the iterative creative process
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).