Assistant Product Developer at FIGS
FIGS is looking for an Assistant Product Developer to support the R&D to pre-production. With a focus on creating best in class products, you will support the PD team to create the FIGS technical apparel for our community of Health Care Professionals. You will work in partnership with design and technical design to update tools and materials for the effective and accurate translation of product briefs/designs from concept through to development and commercialization. The ideal candidate has the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects within deadlines, has general knowledge of garment construction and development, and has superior communication skills.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to coordinate fabric and trim components for development samples
- Own weekly development WIP (work in progress report) distribution to factories and raw material suppliers
- Ensure master WIPs are up to date on a daily basis as a cross-functional tool
- Support technical design team to track and log all incoming proto and fit samples
- Cross check incoming fit samples vs BOM and report sub materials to technical design team prior to weekly fittings
- Track raw material and lab dip ETAs and log all incoming submits
- Own organization of all raw material libraries and daily submit filing
- Create and enter RM codes in PLM system from fabric and trim detail sheets
- Follow up with design team on pending raw material approvals
- Work cross functionally with material team and design team to process fabric test sample requests
- Send out final BOMs to suppliers once purchase orders are submitted
- Support merchandising and planning teams to cross check style numbers and color codes in buy plan prior to purchase ordering
- Knowledge and Skills
- 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing
- Knowledge of PLM, Office and Google Suite
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency, ability to prioritize and be proactive
- Solutions oriented and critical thinker
- Team player
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.