In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Communication Architectures Department performs trade studies, analyses, and simulations to optimize the overall communications performance of satellite, launch vehicle, and ground-based systems. We define, develop, and analyze robust communications architectures and develop communications analysis tools and prototypes of communications architectures. This effort includes evaluating the performance of alternative communications architectures with specific attention on communications parameters such as alternative modulation and coding combinations, RF band selection based upon propagation characteristics and spectrum considerations. Our multidisciplinary staff defines the architectures to ensure cutting edge, state of the art high-performance communications and coordinates the activities of related engineering specialties to ensure mission objectives are achieved.
We are seeking a Communication Architectures Section Manager who will provide technical leadership for the Architectures and Wireless Section of the Communication Architectures Department.
- Provide technical leadership and management oversight and to the Communications Architectures and Wireless Section of the Communication Architectures Department / Communication and Network Architectures Subdivision
- Assist the Department Director in project management, staff development and department management with a focus in architectures and wireless space systems
- Interface with program offices, define tasks and schedules, build technical teams, and manage those teams
- Assist in acquiring and executing new business activities
- Recruit, hire, mentor, performance management, department resource management, and strategic planning
- Provide communication architectures support for SMC, NRO, Navy, NOAA, NASA, Civil & Commercial, and Nuclear Operations (NC3) program offices
- Represent spectrum management concerns, leveraging bicoastal expertise
- Travel to customer facilities
- Degree from an accredited university in electrical engineering or another related discipline
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
- Ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance (US citizenship required)
- Strong background in communication systems, architectures, and networks
- Demonstrated ability to optimize architectures based on analysis, system design, RF, modulation and coding and network parameters
- Project development experience and demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative, and customer interface skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with customer and contractor personnel in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment
- Ability to present results effectively in briefings and technical reports
- Excellent organizational, as well as written and oral communication skills
- Previous organizational management or mentorship experience
- Master's Degree or PhD in electrical engineering or another related discipline from an accredited university
- Working knowledge of interoperability and standards; protocols and infrastructures; wireless communications and network design; and spectrum considerations
- Knowledge of SMC and NRO programs, especially MILSATCOM programs (such as(PTS), terminal program offices, AEHF, WGS, MUOS) GPS, AFSCN, Launch Range, and NC3
- Knowledge of commercial satellite systems
- Management or technical leadership experience
- Experience with protected communications
- Experience with RFP/acquisition documentation development and review
- Experience with anti-jam designs and analysis
- Active SCI Clearance
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.