Seniority Level: Mid-Senior and Director
Location: Long Beach, CA or Remote in select states
About the role and about You:
Zwift is looking for an Architect to join our Zwift Game team. You may be in the role of Technical Director at your current studio. The right candidate is a leader in game development, able to architect end-to-end features for an MMO-style game. This is a hands-on, technical-focused role reporting directly to VP of Engineering, without people-management duties. You’ll be creating compelling user experiences across our game, Zwift Companion mobile apps, and website, including solution plans, presenting demos and concepts, leading architecture discussions, and rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty.
What you’ll do:
- Provide architecture, design, and implementation expertise to the game development team.
- Determine technical dependencies and deliver detailed technical designs to stakeholders and fellow engineers.
- Mentor other game engineers through code reviews, technical discussions, and pair programming.
- Identify technical risks and help build mitigation plans.
- Work with engineers and product managers to scope and plan projects.
What we're looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science and/or relevant technical area.
- 8+ years of game development experience.
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience.
- Strong mentor and able to coach other senior engineers on how to be great mentors.
- Experience with some of the following: Java, Git, REST, PostgreSQL or MySQL, AWS, and Redis or Memcached
- Expertise in networking and client-server feature development.
- Strong production troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with automated testing and build pipelines for CI/CD.
- Experience working on an MMO.
- Experience shipping cross-platform games, especially: iOS, tvOS, Android, Mac, and PC.
- Experience with LiveOps and doing experiment/feature-flag based development.
- Experience working on engine development.
- Experience with java and/or backend development.
- Interest in creating fun experiences around cycling, running, and overall fitness.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- Make It Fun
- Elevate Teammates
- Cultivate Our Community
- Always Level Up
- One Zwift for All
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected].
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.