Application Security Engineer
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Application Security Engineer to join Snap Inc! As a member of the Security Engineering team, you will ensure all of our software and infrastructure is designed and implemented with best security practices in mind. Working from our Los Angeles, CA, Mountain View, CA, or Seattle, WA office, you’ll collaborate with some of the most talented engineers to harden our systems and applications to better protect our user data. You will be responsible for securing the data that we are trusted to protect to the highest standard.
What you'll do:
- Help developers improve the security of their products and services
- Come up with technical solutions to address security weaknesses and work with relevant stakeholders to implement them
- Build systems at scale to prevent classes of vulnerabilities
- Assist with security incident response as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
- Solid foundation in web security, mobile security and cryptography
- Demonstrated proficiency in software development
- Expertise in authentication protocols
- Passion for learning and helping others
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at [email protected].