Android Engineer - Revenue
Come join the best mobile revenue team in the world - seriously!
The Tinder Revenue team is a small and determined group of engineers who have built the top grossing app in the world. Our mission is to monetize Tinder’s global user base through subscriptions and premium features and we’ve built a world class team.
From your first day on the job, you will be contributing to record-breaking revenue team at Tinder. As an Android Developer on the Tinder Revenue team, you have the unique opportunity to join a company with a global footprint, while working on a small enough team where your impact is actually felt.
You've already built multiple Android apps and are ready to meet the unique challenges of supporting a huge user base while continuing to add new features and Revenue products as Tinder keeps skyrocketing. The Tinder design team is first class and you will no longer be working on lifeless apps with lists of data and boring screens.
This experience will be invaluable for your entire career. You will ship world class revenue products and learn how to “monetize mobile” from the best team in the business.
This position is located in LA or our Palo Alto office!
As an Android Engineer on the Tinder Revenue team, you will:
- Develop new Revenue features for the Tinder Android app
- Improve subscriber retention while driving subscriptions and reducing churn.
- Work closely with Backend Engineers to deploy exciting new Tinder revenue features
- Work with product team to design and wireframe modern interfaces
We're looking for:
- 3+ years of Android development experience
- Someone who obsesses over activity transitions and animations (eg. you know your way around a Canvas and can do property animations in your sleep. You could implement the Tinder Card Stack yourself and have ideas on how to optimize it.)
- Familiar with Android architecture design patterns. (eg. you've worked with MVP, Clean or MVVM and know the benefits of each. You've written your own Repositories and Factories.)
- Understanding the value of Dependency Injection and have implemented Dagger
- Someone who loves test coverage. (eg. you're well versed with Mockito and JUnit. You can write Espresso tests when needed.)
- Someone on the RxJava train. (eg. you know when to map or flatMap, but when something shouldn't be Observable.)
- Consuming RESTful service is old hat for you, you use RetroFit and move on to the more important pieces of your app
- Understanding Material design guidelines, but are not a slave to it. (eg. you know how to be a good Android citizen while maintaining a strong unique brand identity.)
- Someone with Kotlin experience
- Comfortable working with legacy code and improving it
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with Google Purchase console and API
- Understand important revenue related metrics
- You have built subscription products, love optimizing purchased funnels, and have contributed to a Revenue team in the past.