Factual is excited to add a Mobile Engineer to our growing Engine team. You'll be working on a small team delivering an ambitious machine-learning based SDK helping to power the next generation of location-enabled apps. Your work will touch a variety of interesting areas, from signal analysis algorithms to functional programming and you should be passionate about shipping quality code, tenacious about optimizations that matter to the end user, and is excited and proud to share your work.
- 2+ years professional mobile software development experience with a focus on testing and continuous delivery.
- Strong CS fundamentals and excellent problem-solving skills
- The ability to write thoughtful documentation
- Deep knowledge of Android SDK ecosystem
- Experience integrating Android apps to backend services
- Experience testing Android apps
- Strong knowledge of Android design patterns and best practices
Nice to haves:
- Experience with modern C++ programming focused on code quality, simplicity, and ease of maintenance
- Experience working with mobile accelerometer and location sensors
- GIS or geospatial experience
- Experience with AWS tools and services
- Familiarity with React-native