Aerodynamics Performance Engineer (Greater LA Area, CA)
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Aerodynamics analysis/design and flight performance modeling tools development in accordance with specifications such as MIL-STD-1797, MIL-STD-3013, etc
- Work with senior engineers and designers on aerodynamic analysis and design of unmanned air vehicles, using both low and high order methods
- Aircraft performance modeling and simulation
- Aerodynamic loads generation
- Wind tunnel and flight test planning, execution, and analysis
- BS or MS degree in Aerospace/Mechanical Engineering or Applied Math/Physics
- Experience developing simulation models for modeling physical systems and dynamics (flight performance and dynamics related preferred)
- Strong programming skills (MATLAB preferred) and code development experience in version / configuration controlled environment (git preferred)
- Experience preparing formal documentation (i.e. specifications, test procedures, technical reports, etc)
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance
- 2+ years work experience as an individual contributing engineer
- Demonstrated passion for aerospace through coursework and relevant projects
- Programming experience in multiple languages MATLAB, C++, Java, Python
- Experience or coursework in aircraft sizing and configuration trade studies, including aerodynamic design and multidisciplinary design optimization (MDO)
- Competent in a variety of aerodynamic analysis techniques including hand calculations, 2d airfoil analyses, vortex lattice methods, panel methods, and computational fluid dynamics (CFD) including geometry cleanup, mesh generation, simulation setup and post-processing).
- Experience with aircraft performance analysis, predictions and associated software tools development
- Test experience including data acquisition, data analysis and project coordination
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!