Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity is looking for an Additive Welding Engineer to join the multifaceted Additive team comprised of software, automation, computer vision, manufacturing and welding engineers. Your main objective will be to develop, execute and evaluate our 3D printing technology using experimental and numerical testing. You will help drive our additive processes by designing, printing and evaluating test articles to help improve procedures of our printed structures.
What you’ll do:
- Work with design, automation, manufacturing and welding engineers to bring parts from design to production
- Identify, address, and resolve current and potential future additive issues.
- Develop printing and simulation testing procedures
- Provide feedback to design engineers in manufacturing review
- Identify root cause of failures and implement counter measures in the production floor to continuously improve the manufacturing process.
- Perform large scale simulation to support our production prints.
What you need to know:
- Bachelor’s degree in welding with 1+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with thermal mechanical finite element modeling using ABAQUS or equivalent CAE software.
- Strong attention to detail with follow through and ability to clearly present and report to team members across all departments.
Nice to haves but not required – if you do not meet all of these criteria, you should still apply:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, materials, welding and/or simulation with 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with arc aluminum welding.
- Experience with synergic weld systems.
- Prior experience taking ownership of development projects.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes including welding and additive manufacturing.
- Fundamental understanding of statistical methods and experimental design, with experience in Finite Element modeling.
We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.