Additive Weld and Simulation Engineer at Relativity Space
Team and Role Overview
Relativity is looking for an Additive Welding Engineer to join the multifaceted Additive team comprised of software, automation, computer vision, manufacturing and welding engineers. Your main objective will be to develop, execute and evaluate our 3D printing technology using experimental and numerical testing. You will help drive our additive processes by designing, printing and evaluating test articles to help improve procedures of our printed structures.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Your core responsibilities will be:
• Work with design, automation, manufacturing and welding engineers to bring parts from design to production.
• Identify, address, and resolve current and potential future additive issues.
• Develop printing and simulation testing procedures
• Provide feedback to design engineers in manufacturing review
• Identify root cause of failures and implement counter measures in the production floor to continuously improve the manufacturing process.
• Perform large scale simulation to support our production prints.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
In order to be successful in this role, you should have one of the following:
• Bachelor’s degree in welding with 1+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience with thermal mechanical finite element modeling using ABAQUS or equivalent CAE software.
• Strong attention to detail with follow through and ability to clearly present and report to team members across all departments.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
• M.S. or Ph.D. in engineering, materials, welding and/or simulation with 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience with arc aluminum welding.
• Experience with synergic weld systems.
• Prior experience taking ownership of development projects.
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes including welding and additive manufacturing.
• Fundamental understanding of statistical methods and experimental design, with experience in Finite Element modeling.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.