3D Printing Technician at Relativity Space
Relativity seeks 3D Printing Technicians to join a rapidly growing space startup. This is an hourly position of 8 hour shifts during weekdays (Monday-Friday) with 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts (over-time opportunities when needed) and weekends required at times. As a 3D Printing Technician, you will be responsible for running and maintaining multiple of the world’s largest 3D printers simultaneously. Printing operations run twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
To support our mission to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown, you will be joining our Additive Manufacturing team in crafting the operational procedures for our 3D printers for rockets. This includes:
- Execute daily operations to produce development, qualification, and flight hardware facilitating structures and company goals
- Work closely with manufacturing and design engineering to improve processes and product designs
- Assist with set up and operation of our large 3D printers
- Learn periodic maintenance of robotics and weld equipment
- Support production process under the direction of engineers and managers
- Establish and enforce preventative maintenance procedures for company assets
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in running complex machines in a fast-paced production environment. You constantly tinker and work to understand and improve all machinery you touch. You have excelled in your career through an intense attention to detail, enormous pride in your work, and a constant desire to improve. You're passionate and excited about building humanity's future in space.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience using hand tools (grinders, torque wrenches, etc.).
- Experience using computer systems for data monitoring
- Ability to work safely and effectively communicate with co-workers
- Demonstrate proficiency in teamwork and a strong work ethic
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 3+ years of metal fabrication experience
- Prior experience working in a machine shop with CNC knowledge
- Experience working within a manufacturing or production environment
- Proficient with email communication and experience interfacing with business software such as an ERP
- Basic metallurgy knowledge of materials and joining processes
- Ability to perform basic shop mathematical skills such as fractional math and trigonometry
- Certifications from an accredited welding school
- Ability to meet deadlines and have a “whatever it takes” attitude to complete assignments
- Practical mechanical knowledge
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.