Relativity is the first and only company to automate aerospace manufacturing by integrating intelligent robotics, software, and proprietary metal 3D printing technology. Disrupting 60 years of aerospace, Relativity offers a radically simplified supply chain, building a rocket with 100x fewer parts in less than 60 days. Our long-term goal is to upgrade humanity’s industrial base on Earth and on Mars.
Relativity seeks 3D Printing Technicians to join a rapidly growing space startup. This is an hourly position of 8 hour shifts during weekdays (Monday-Friday) with 2nd and 3rd shifts (over-time opportunities when needed) and weekends required at times. As a 3D Printing Technician, you will be responsible for running and maintaining multiple of the world’s largest 3D printers simultaneously. Printing operations run twenty four hours a day, seven days a week.
To support our mission to reimagine the way rockets are built and flown, you will be joining our Additive Manufacturing team in crafting the operational procedures for our 3D printers for rockets. This includes:
- Execute daily operations to produce development, qualification, and flight hardware facilitating structures and company goals
- Work closely with manufacturing and design engineering to improve processes and product designs
- Assist with set up and operation of our large 3D printers
- Learn periodic maintenance of robotics and weld equipment
- Support production process under the direction of engineers and managers
- Establish and enforce preventative maintenance procedures for company assets
In order to be successful in this role, you should be someone who thrives in running complex machines in a fast-paced production environment. You constantly tinker and work to understand and improve all machinery you touch. You have excelled in your career through an intense attention to detail, enormous pride in your work, and a constant desire to improve. You're passionate and excited about building humanity's future in space.
What you need to know:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience using hand tools (grinders, torque wrenches, etc.).
- Experience using computer systems for data monitoring
- Ability to work safely and effectively communicate with co-workers
- Demonstrate proficiency in teamwork and a strong work ethic
Nice to haves but not required – if you do not meet all of these criteria, you should still apply:
- 3+ years of metal fabrication experience
- Prior experience working in a machine shop with CNC knowledge
- Experience working within a manufacturing or production environment
- Proficient with email communication and experience interfacing with business software such as an ERP
- Basic metallurgy knowledge of materials and joining processes
- Ability to perform basic shop mathematical skills such as fractional math and trigonometry
- Certifications from an accredited welding school
- Ability to meet deadlines and have a “whatever it takes” attitude to complete assignments
- Practical mechanical knowledge
- Open to work an hourly position of 8 hour shifts during weekdays (Monday-Friday) with 2nd and 3rd shifts. Weekends as needed.
We believe varied perspectives & backgrounds strengthen our team. Prior experience in aerospace is not required.
Relativity Space offers competitive salary and equity, a generous vacation policy, an annual Learning & Development stipend and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.