Director of Growth
Why work at Grindr?
Grindr is among the top highest grossing apps in the iOS App Store and boasts some of the most engaged users across all social networking apps. We offer a constantly evolving, agile startup environment that enables and rewards innovation, teamwork, and diligence.
Situated right in the heart of West Hollywood, we're the No. 1 location-based mobile social app on the market, and we cater to a massive user base of over 3 million daily active users in every country in the world. Since our inception in 2009, we've been dedicated to finding new and better ways to connect people using mobile technology.
We offer a lot of perks and a collaborative office filled with healthy snacks and friendly people.
Grindr is seeking an experienced Director of Growth to conceive and implement the growth strategy of our subscription-based mobile application products. This leadership position requires a mix of visionary and strategic thinking, consumer insights and data analytics, and whip-smart cross-functional go-getter mentality to deploy growth tactics across our business.
The Director of Growth will have the hunger and desire to drive the P&L of 50% of our business, increasing in acquisition, retention, conversion, win backs, and monetization globally and across both our iOS and Android platforms. This position will also lead the Growth team and set short- and long-term strategy for the subscription business to create demand and adoption of Grindr services and products.
- Define Grindr’s in-app monetization growth strategy and plan
- Build and lead a cross-functional team to execute and deliver Grindr’s user acquisition, retention, conversion, win back, and monetization initiatives
- Optimize our revenue funnel across the user experience and lifecycle
- Partner with product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams to evaluate and optimize subscriber data infrastructure, as well as third-party vendor services and analytics tools
- Establish metrics to track the performance of in-app monetization, and set revenue and growth targets for the initiatives
- Contribute directly to the increase of in-app monetization revenue, achieve or exceed monthly revenue targets, member retention, and win-back rates, and customer satisfaction
- Approve marketing plans, budgets, targets, and campaigns – online, off-line, emails, A/B testing, PR, events, etc. – to increase subscription-based customers
- Lead and maintain awareness of email marketing trends, best practices, technologies, CAN-SPAM laws and privacy laws; ensures campaigns and messaging are optimized for deliverability, mobile rendering, and are aligned with industry best practices
- Partner with finance team to build, monitor, and refine in-app monetization opportunities and budgets
- Work with executives and ensure they keep informed of in-app monetization efforts and developments
- You have a B.A., or B.S. An MBA is strongly preferred
- 8-10 years of Marketing, Growth, or BD experience in areas including monetization of mobile/tech products, email, CRM, directly managing retention and subscription of mobile apps, eCommerce, or dating sites
- Highly strategic and able to balance long-term strategy with short-term results
- Experience in leading Internet/Mobile products with profit and loss responsibilities, user-centric product development and design, and directly managing and leading cross-functional teams
- 5+ years working in or strong analytical skills with an ability to look at complex data and form actionable steps and initiatives
- Analytical and wired to consume large amounts of data and insights
- Strong track record of setting and achieving metrics-driven goals
- Experience with executive presentations and communications
- Experience with global markets, products, and users preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Full coverage medical and dental insurance
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited sick policy
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered lunch, every day
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Grindr without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.