System1 is developing a state-of-the-art data platform which interacts in real-time with millions of users. The DevOps team at System1 is truly a mix of development and ops. We're looking for developers who have a strong interest in architecting and building scalable, stable infrastructure.
We are seeking a DevOps engineer with experience in working with and developing in an AWS environment. You will work as an integral member of our DevOps team, managing deployments, and ensuring that mission critical systems are functioning effectively and consistently. You'll be working with the engineering teams and developing internal tooling, as well as debugging and supporting production systems.
- Build out a continuous integration system to allow for smooth code deployment by developers
- Automate management of our cloud infrastructure
- Design and implement policies for security, logging, and monitoring of the serving system
- Participate in peer code reviews and architectural designs
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4 years experience working within a Linux/Ubuntu environment
- 4 years experience as a developer, preferably in a Python dev environment
- Strong knowledge of bash
- Experience working with Docker and Docker-related services (Docker-compose, Docker-registry, etc.)
- Experience with Jenkins
- 2 years experience using and supporting AWS services (EC2, IAM, Lambda, Redshift, etc.)
- Free Uber/Lyft to and from work every day!
- Collegial and collaborative team with highly intelligent and motivated coworkers
- Cross-team lunches and demos to foster learning
- Unlimited Paid Sick Time, Competitive PTO and Benefits package
- Catered meals and fully stocked kitchen
- Weekly happy hour at various bars, restaurants, and venues across Los Angeles
- Weekly fitness class with private trainer: high intensity training, yoga, beach volleyball, beach soccer, ultimate frisbee
- Competitive Relocation Package
- Company parties and outings: Skyzone indoor skydiving, Medieval Times, Karaoke, etc.
Read Full Job Description