The DevOps Engineer will be part of the Software Engineering Function. This person works to automate the delivery of cloud infrastructure and software in a fast-paced agile environment.
Ultimately, we will design reliable, scalable, real-time (or near-real time) applications that make Hyperloop One a reality. We are seeking candidates with various levels of experience to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Los Angeles facility.
- Automate deployment of cloud infrastructure environments and software.
- Develop, implement, and optimize the software build and deployment pipelines.
- Help design CI/CD specifications in order to take advantage of automation technologies.
- Support the creation and maintenance of architecture diagrams and design specifications to aid development, test and maintenance of cloud environments.
- Build monitoring systems that notify on behavioral anomalies.
- Keep a customer focused mindset, prioritizing developer productivity and application uptime.
- Champion processes and procedures across the organization.
- Help maintain both agile and waterfall environments with safety critical and safety related systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex issues in distributed environments.
- Ability to present complex ideas to non-experts.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Working proficiency and excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Strong understanding of software development fundamentals and best-practices.
- Strong background in an agile software development environment.
- Strong demonstrable ability for automating tasks using popular scripting languages.
- Experience provisioning, configuring, and supporting production Linux systems.
- Experience ensuring the security and high-availability of mission-critical production services.
- Understanding of operating system performance tools, metrics and benchmarks.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing fundamentals and architectures.
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field.
- Proven track record of building and supporting clustered systems and distributed data stores.
- Experience supporting service-oriented software architectures in production.
- Experience automating software build, test, and deployment pipelines following agile methodologies.
- Experience safely automating deployments of cloud infrastructure and services.
- Strong proficiency in core TCP/IP networking and web services.
- Experience deploying and supporting containerized workloads in production.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the “Ban the Box” legislation.