Vice President, Executive Creative Director
At LegalZoom, we exist to democratize law and deliver on that purpose by bringing quality and affordable legal help to anyone who is starting a business, planning for their family, and protecting their ideas. If you ask our employees, (or Zoomers, as we call ourselves), they’ll tell you the people are the best part about working here, and that’s because we don’t lose sight of our purpose. We are a company passionately focused on our consumers through our products and services, supported by a strong technology platform that enables our consumers to interact with us anytime and anywhere. We are a high growth company, expanding rapidly into new products and services, and looking to bring in leaders that want to further drive our purpose, help lead our growth, enhance our culture, develop our teams and accelerate career growth in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, inclusive, transparent and talented organization.
We are looking for a Vice President, Executive Creative Director to join the Marketing and Sales organization. This leader will report to the Vice President of Experience Design. This role has oversight into the creative direction for the company and will work closely with product, partnerships, technology and other teams in the marketing organization to apply the brand strategy and insights to our digital experience (web, emails, social media, content and more) all the way into how we creatively communicate in our care and sales team. In addition, this role will partner with Brand to ensure the brand is executed consistently across the end to end journey and our brand standards are met consistently for our customers. We are looking for a creative leader who can influence and collaborate across all consumer touch points and inspire our consumers and our employees.
As a Vice President, you will be on the marketing and sales leadership team, and will be a senior leader in the company, responsible for helping to lead teams, foster talent, develop a high performing culture, and role model the values and principles of the organization.
- Responsible for the company creative expression across all channels with a passion to develop meaningful creative content.
- Ensure the brand voice is consistent across every consumers touch points and push the brand forward.
- Influence and collaborate with marketing and other thought leaders in the organization and across all consumer touch points to inspire and delight our customers and employees.
- Work with our marketing and care organization to make sure our brand is well represented in our tv spot, life cycle marketing, website, digital and social media, creative content, packaging, promotions, brand PR, advertising and more.
- Work with our product organization to bring our creatives to life in the customer journeys flows.
- Drive creative innovation and vision and direct execution for the LegalZoom visual identity with responsibility for the overall quality of creative work.
- Foster creative excellence across every consumers touch points.
- Create materials to guide inspiration for the creative team.
- Elevate our photography and integrate it across multiple consumer touch points.
- Oversee photo shoots to ensure accurate execution of material development and promotional materials.
- Act as a key leader and collaborator on the Marketing Leadership team.
- Communicate the vision to functional leadership and executives.
- Establish clear priorities and streamlined processes for the team and continually improve the operations of the department.
- Provide leadership, direction, mentoring to guide the creative team in their day-to-day activities, collaboration across the organization, foster career growth opportunities and build a high performing team.
- 15+ years of experience with a blend of in house product design team and creative agency experience.
- Compelling portfolio with work that elevates a brand’s creative experience.
- A creative visionary — people are inspired by and excited to work with.
- Ability to think holistically – about the customers using our products, a cohesive design system, and end-to-end experiences.
- Proven strategic and creative thinker, with strong business acumen, that can inspire, generate and execute on innovative ideas to maximize business performance.
- Deep understanding and experience working across end to end consumer experiences and full funnel creative efforts in a digital and technology-driven environment.
- History of working with external business partners to connect business needs and objectives through the lens of creative roles and responsibilities.
- Leadership experience including the ability to build and grow a team and to collaborate and influence teams to drive positive business performance and results.
- Strong motivation, presentation and communications skills including experience working closely with senior leadership (c-suite) and speaking at industry events.
- Experience with consumer facing, technology-driven DIY products and services a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus.