Team and Role Overview
The Visual Designer is responsible for establishing design direction, aesthetic style, and the development of creative assets across the company. You will take projects from initial concept all the way through final execution with minimal oversight and work closely with internal partners and stakeholders to identify design needs, establish project deliverables, timelines, and execute outstanding design solutions.
You will be a member of the Brand and Communications team and an important contributor to Relativity’s future. Relativity is creating the first autonomous rocket factory. Our vision is to build the future of humanity in space -- starting with rockets. We have an ambitious mission, and we understand that it takes a team to achieve it.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
What you will be doing:
- Help craft the future of design within the space industry while working in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment
- Concept, design and develop a wide variety of creative assets (print, web, environmental, etc.) to support Relativity’s mission and build brand engagement
- Create branding, identity, style guides, and visual systems and strategies that strengthen, and evolve Relativity’s brand
- Establish best practices and design processes that produce consistent, outstanding results
- Partner with cross functional teams and internal clients to deliver creative solutions and ensure brand consistency across the company
- Translate creative briefs, brand strategies, and business needs into strong, innovative solutions
- Build relationships and trust with stakeholders, peers and working groups. Build a strong network across the compan
The ideal candidate should be passionate about all aspects of design and will possess an exceptional eye for aesthetics, strong typography skills, a firm understanding of design process, and fine attention to detail. They should have a solid understanding of technology and have the ability to distill complex problems into simple-to-understand forms. Candidates with experience in both in-house and studio, or agency, environments are preferred.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
What we are looking for:
- 2-5+ years of experience as a visual designer within a collaborative environment
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in graphic design, interaction design, product design, visual arts or related work experience
- Portfolio demonstrating breadth, creativity, and knowledge of design process
- Experience designing visual brand and identity systems
- Broad range of visual styles
- Strong understanding of typography
- Ability to articulate strategy for design choices
- Strong written, oral, and presentation skills
- Fluency in best practices for web-based and print design
- Pro-level fluency in Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote
- Knowledge of web design best practices
- Ability to deliver quality work within a time-sensitive environment
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.