Greater LA Area
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
We need a Visual Designer who finds challenges and problem-solving exciting, who sees joining a category-disruptor as their opportunity to think big, who finds the idea of belonging to a company whose purpose is helping improve peoples’ quality of life as admirable and rewarding.
What You’ll Do
- Develop rich concepts that you see through to full execution — that ordinary ask you have, how do you make it extraordinary and coordinate with vendors to help it come to life? We want that snap, crackle, and pop!
- Be a voice in meetings when you disagree with something or see an opportunity to do it better— we are a super collaborative environment, your thoughts are part of the solution.
- Work on social media, billboard, and web campaigns, landing pages, internal office art (no, we don’t mean inspirational posters), swag, a wide-range of events’ creative, print projects, and brand equity projects. (Bonus: you’ll also be able to work closely with the product)
- Need to be sharp and highly organized, managing time as one of your best assets so that your big ideas have what they need to succeed.
- Need to do well under pressure and high standards— we will always support you, but we set a high bar because we have ambitious goals (and need your ambition to succeed.)
- Communicate effectively— we want to know what your challenges are, what you’re most excited about, what’s blocking you, and what we can do as a team to support you. Be transparent, honest, and responsible and you’ll set yourself up for constant success.
- Laugh a lot while we solve challenges together on tight deadlines that force us to be creative and efficient in ways that are SO satisfying when they’re finally done.
- Know how to measure the impact of your work
- Pound back cold brew or kombucha on tap when it’s a Friday afternoon, you’ve spent all week crushing it, and now need to go crush your weekend.
What You’ll Have
- 3-5 years experience proving your ability to design communication that isn’t just visually appealing but tells a story and solves problems
- Understanding of how to measure impact of creative work or team contributions
- Ability to design between print, web, and social fluidly and with a high level of detail/consideration for best-practices in all mediums
- Bachelors’ or Associates degree from an accredited school or university
- A website or portfolio must be included with a resume
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description