UX/UI Product Designer at Flo Technologies
Who We Are
Flo Technologies is on a mission to prevent loss, one drip at a time. Flo prevents water damage and unnecessary water waste in homes and buildings across the country with its Flo by Moen smart home water monitoring and leak protection system. In 2018 alone, our system helped homeowners save over two million gallons of water and became available in Home Depot stores across the country, on HomeDepot.com, as well as in countless plumbing wholesalers.
We are a VC-backed company with over $40M in funding, and we have partnered with Moen, the #1 faucet brand in North America, to make Flo even more available to homeowners everywhere. We have won awards from Popular Science, Consumer Electronics Show, Electronic House, IOT Inventor, Green Builder Magazine, and Kitchen and Bath Industry Show to name a few.
We are an innovative, high performing team with empathy and integrity, and are obsessed with delivering value to our end users and making positive impacts on the world.
Our Core Values
- Individuals Make an Impact
- Continuous Improvement
- Focus on User Experience
- Positive Impact on the World
What we are looking for
We believe that Flo’s success hinges on the creative and unique thinking that comes from diverse perspectives. We are intentionally building an inclusive community of problem-solvers from many different backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer.
We are an A+ team looking for A+ players. We are searching for a talented UX/UI Product Designer to be a key member of our Product and Growth team in creating world-class interfaces and experiences for Flo’s mobile applications, websites, and internal tools.
You thrive in a fast-moving environment and love solving hard problems. You’re a creative who loves to generate new ideas and features, always being mindful of one of Flo’s Core Values: Focus on User Experience. You have a strong portfolio of interactive projects and an entrepreneurial mindset.
You will report directly to the Head of Product and Growth.
What you’ll do
- Play a key role in designing, prototyping and iterating on new user-facing experiences and features using mockups, wireframes, flow diagrams, interactive prototypes and more
- Refresh user interface of existing features
- Translate wireframes and experiences into highly-polished visual composites with attention to interaction design
- Collaborate with engineers and end-users to find elegant, practical and scalable solutions to design challenges
- Aspire for design excellence and pixel-perfect attention to detail, but know when to release and iterate
Who you are
- 3+ years of UX/UI design experience
- Strong working knowledge of visual design and how it impacts the end consumer
- Superb idea generation and brainstorming skills
- Excellent typography, design, and layout skills
- Experience with Photoshop ,Illustrator, Sketch, Figma
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Must have samples/portfolio of past work
Who you might be
- Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design or similar focus
- Startup experience
What you will get
Competitive market compensation, a new Macbook, unlimited vacation, medical, dental, vision, weekly catered lunch, a team that’s fun to be around, and a beautiful new office in the heart of Culver City in Los Angeles, steps from the Expo.