You could combine your passion for design & research with delivering solutions that directly impact our food supply chain? The agriculture industry is facing numerous challenges including low productivity and increasing costs, but is one of the least digitized industries in the world. At PickTrace we're working to solve these problems and deliver products our customers love. That is why we're looking for a UX/UI Designer to help build the farm management solution of the future, while contributing to the development of a world-class Design organization.
This role will report directly to our Chief Product Officer.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Conduct user research to gain insights and empathize with our customers/users; become an internal evangelist for their needs.
- Translate user insights into opportunities for user experiences and solutions through actionable frameworks, i.e. persona, journey maps, and storyboards.
- Prioritize and define UX/UI deliverables for their team based project objectives and requirements.
- Validate assumptions using qualitative and quantitative research and producing rapid iterations based on findings.
- Execute on all phases of the design process from wireframing, prototyping to final hand-off to developers
- Create visually balanced, consistent, and intuitive interfaces with the design system and utilize common design patterns and components.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including engineering, product managers, and customer operations to maneuver initiatives through the complete research and design process.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 2-3 years of experience as a UX designer, UI designer, or related discipline.
- Strong portfolio illustrating experience designing mobile and desktop digital products is required.
- Strong understanding of best design practices and fundamental design principles.
- Experience creating pixel-perfect UI deliverables.
- Experience using design system, style guides, or component libraries.
- Experience creating UX artifacts, including low fidelity, high fidelity wireframes, and prototypes.
- Experience with design and prototyping tools (Sketch, InVision, etc).
- Experience with design process and product development cycle
- Knowledge of design research methods.
WHAT TRAITS ARE IMPORTANT TO US
- Coachability - You are hungry for feedback on how to improve, embrace the feedback, and quickly implement it into your day-to-day operations.
- Curiosity - Our product and industry are ever changing and you have a thirst to seek more knowledge about both on a daily basis.
- Work Ethic - You have a unique ability to prioritize your workload and work efficiently through your focus areas in an effective manner.
- Preparation - You take pride in being detail oriented and well prepared for the work in front of you. The thought of taking on an initiative without a plan gives you reason to pause.
- Adaptability to Change - You are comfortable and flexible to switch your focus rapidly to align with the updated business initiatives.
- Intelligence - You consider yourself a strategic thinker, and push conversations forward with co-workers by offering unique perspectives.
- Passion - We are disrupting the lowest technology adopting vertical in the world with a best in breed enterprise SaaS workforce management platform and exude excitement about the market opportunity in front of us.
- Prior Success - You have a track record of over-achievement, and take pride in ensuring top-level results are achieved in your daily work.
- Competitiveness - You are motivated daily to be the best at what you do. When you are outperformed it pushes you harder to up-level your performance.
- Brevity - You have a unique ability to break down complex topics into concise and meaningful explanations.