UX Researcher at Altruist
Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice fair for everyone. We’re looking for a UX researcher to help us disrupt the status quo and build an experience that people love. Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work. Join us in changing the face of finance.
This role will work on the product design team and play a vital role in elevating our current and future user experience. The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years of experience, be highly organized, empathetic and strategic.
- Work with designers and product managers to understand research needs
- Coordinate research sessions
- Formulate research surveys to inform company stakeholders
- Ability to conduct research with our business and consumer users
- Keep track of research and research participants, organized in a repository that can be accessed by other teams
- Audit usage analytics and data across our product
- Synthesize findings into meaningful themes, turning them into actionable reports
- Uncover insights and share them with the broader design, product, and marketing teams
- Partner with designers, marketers, engineers, and product managers to formulate strategy based on research findings
- Work with other business areas (marketing, product) to coach in research best practices
- Evangelize UX research and be the voice of the user in ideation sessions
What you’ll need
- 4+ years of relevant experience, including experience leading and integrating UX research into product designs and design practices
- Experience leading unbiased moderated interviews and usability tests
- An ability to actively listen and a well-developed sense of patience
- A deep sense of empathy with a desire to comprehensively understand our users’ business needs
- Deep understanding of how qualitative and quantitative methods complement each other, and when each is appropriate
- A growth mindset with a constant draw to better your skillset
- Fintech experience
- Experience in designing SaaS across B2B and B2C use cases
- Local to the LA area or willing to relocate
What you’ll get
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their discipline.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join at the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US, Venrock. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).
A good resume will help you stand out, but we’re most interested in motivated designers who will stop at nothing to create the best product they can. Think you have what it takes? Send us your portfolio and tell us why you’d be a good fit for the team.