Fandango is looking for a UX Researcher to join our Market Research and Insights Team.
- Partner with stakeholders to design generative and evaluative studies to gain user insights, validate concepts, and uncover new product or business opportunities.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships between the research department and other functional areas and internal stakeholders that initiate project requests.
- Recommend appropriate methodologies and draft research plans.
- Execute both moderated and unmoderated research studies that span the product lifecycle from discovery to usability.
- Moderate 1:1 sessions either in-person or with participants remotely via UserTesting.com
- Encourage members of design, marketing, and product teams to be involved as partners in studies to gain first-hand knowledge of user behaviors, mental models and needs.
- Maintain the highest standards of product usability and quality, take a lead role in delivering best in class experiences to ensure that projects are completed to expectations and on time.
- Ability to conduct analysis of your own studies and / or synthesize findings from past relevant research, market research and other secondary sources based on stakeholder goals.
- Present insights from all activities and studies in presentations and readouts
• Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Psychology, Anthropology, Digital Media, Human Factors, Cognitive Science discipline or equivalent experience. Masters degree a plus.
• 2+ years of experience planning, conducting, analyzing and reporting to stakeholders across a variety of functional roles (Design, Marketing, Product, BI, etc.)
• Experience independently using remote research tools such as UserTesting.com or UserZoom.
• Comfortable running concept or usability tests with prototyping tools (InVision, Principle, etc.), live sites and apps.
• Familiarity with a range of user research methods used to gather qualitative and quantitative data
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through https://www.fandango.com/careers to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Comfortable presenting to a group and to stakeholders at all levels of the company
• Strong understanding of digital media, entertainment and e-commerce business models.
• Desire to stay current with technology, trends, tools and standards of UX, Usability and User Research.