UX Researcher at ServiceTitan Inc.
ServiceTitan is solving real-world problems in the home services industry. We are passionate about bringing innovative and delightful solutions to traditional problems and workflows. Our ambitious team of product managers, designers, and product marketers works closely with our thousands of users to help make their lives easier through technology. We’re growing rapidly and need your help as we continue to scale a complex product to a large user base.
The UX Researcher will conduct qualitative and quantitative research that will improve the user experience across ServiceTitan products and services. This person will report to the Director of Service Design and work closely with designers, product managers, other researchers and various cross-functional teams, to share insights about our customers experience. The UX Researcher needs to be passionate about user research of all types and be a creative thinker with a strong research foundation but a flexible approach in this fast-moving organization. They must be open to exploring out-of-the box research methods and approaches as a member of this growing team. The ultimate goal of the Service Design team is to inform and inspire unique and innovative products and services that balance both the needs of customers and the competencies and capabilities of the service provider.
As our UX Researcher, you will:
- Plan, design and conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies, including scheduling, recruiting, and writing research plans that outlines study goals and methodology
- Generates insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Identify recruiting requirements, write screeners, and work closely with recruiters to obtain most appropriate users possible for research studie
- Run qualitative and quantitative research studies, both formal (e.g., lab, remote, surveys) and informal (e.g., “pilot” sessions and interviews with internal subject matter experts)
- Analyze results from all types of qualitative and quantitative research and create reports that synthesize findings into meaningful themes turning them into actionable and impactful reports for various audiences
- Provide innovative, customer centric design solution recommendations that contribute to an enhanced user experience
- Work closely with analytics, data scientist and customer success teams to collect various metrics to triangulate UX research data, uncover insights and inform design solutions
- Develop, organize and facilitate research brainstorming and work sessions (either individually or as part of a team)
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Proven ability to be a contributing member of a cross-functional team and inspire team confidence in and respect for the contributions of research to enhance the user experience
- A demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and communicate to stakeholders, product managers and engineering team members
- Must have a solid understanding of basic software/product development life-cycle
- Foundational understanding of best practices in user research, familiarity with standard design patterns across devices and user interface conventions
- Foundational experience (2-4 years) with techniques in qualitative research, including formal and informal usability studies, card sorting, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, persona development, heuristic evaluations, participatory design, etc
- Foundational experience (2-4 years) with techniques in quantitative research, including survey construction, understanding results of analytics and multivariate analysis, etc
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and at least three years of work experience
- Bachelor’s degree must be in a qualitative research-related field such as Psychology, Human Factors Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Experimental Design; plus user research experience must include some experience with consumer or enterprise facing software or equivalent combination of education and experience. Masters preferred.
- Familiarity with in-lab and remote, user research tools (e.g., Usertesting.com, Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, Optimal Workshop, etc.)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common psychology and research journals
- Basic understanding of statistics is a plus
We are proud of the ServiceTitan culture - it brings together brilliant, genuine and driven individuals in an atmosphere that is positive and inclusive. Check out our culture for yourself:
http://instagram.com/goservicetitan | https://www.themuse.com/profiles/servicetitan | https://www.builtinla.com/company/servicetitan-inc
ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home services companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan's end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home services industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, custom reporting, marketing automation, mobile solution for field techs, and accounting integration with Intacct and QuickBooks. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world's most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Inc 5000 Most Successful Companies in America, 2019
Inc 5000 Best Places to Work, 2019
Atlanta Business Chronicle Best Places to Work, 2019
Los Angeles Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2018
Los Angeles Business Journal Top 100 Fastest Growing Private Company, 2018
Deloitte Fast 500, 2018
Glassdoor/Battery Ventures Highest Rated Cloud Computing Companies, 2018
Mogul Top 1000 Companies Worldwide for Millennial Women 2018
Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startup List, 2017
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, or genetic information. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great — and there's always room for more.