Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince, began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently picked up for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
We're looking for an innovative UX Lead to help shape and design the player experience for The Dragon Prince video game. This role will partner with Design, Art/UI, and Engineering to create experiences that engage and delight players both in and outside of gameplay, and will draw on research, testing, and data to inform product design decisions.What you will do...
- Represent the "voice of the player" to design engaging player experiences, both in and out of game
- Drive value through a highly iterative process and deep collaboration with all game disciplines
- Perform user research and focus testing, and analyze quantitative and qualitative data to inform the game's moment-to-moment and overall design
- Perform extensive A/B testing to drive goals regarding engagement, social connections, new player onboarding, etc.
- Propose innovative features and designs that push beyond the "industry-standard" for game elements such as player progression, character and cosmetic collections, mission selection, in-game UI, crafting, etc.
- Work with gameplay designers, artists, and engineers to develop features and flows
- Mock-up, design, test, and aid implementation of features
- Actively contribute to a positive work environment and culture
- Proven track record on 1 or more PC/console shipped titles
- Creative nature with strong problem solving and collaboration skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills, working with large data sets
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation
- Bonus: Experience with games as a service
- Bonus: Implementation experience in Unreal Engine 4
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees, and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.