UX Designer at Viant
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:37 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, January 5, 2021
Viant’s culture is a unique combination of strong leadership, ambition, collaboration, and fun, with incredible growth opportunities for our employees! We offer a fast-paced work environment, with a strong focus on employee engagement, recognition, and development. With a commitment to innovation from the top down, Viant continues to remain ahead of the curve in the rapidly changing ad tech marketplace.
About the role:
We are looking for a creative and analytical UX Designer, who enjoys challenging and multifaceted responsibilities. In this role, you will be conducting user research and testing, developing wireframes and workflows based on user needs, designing solutions for web applications, ultimately creating an intuitive and enjoyable experience when using Viant's products.
This is a remote position; relocation is not required. Preference will be given to those residing in the Pacific Time Zone locations.
- Create sitemaps, workflows, interaction models, wireframes, high resolution mocks, and interactive prototypes to test proposals, select and communicate solutions with product team and engineers.
- Create frameworks and artifacts that aid Product and Engineering in understanding Design
- Lead Product Management and Engineering in obtaining analytics solutions and resultant data for decision-making. Mine this data to inform design and identify areas of improvement.
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
- Identify UI and UX problems, generate and test hypotheses, provide innovative solutions to the product direction, visuals and experience.
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Manage queue of proactive tasks against queue of requests from others, set expectations of delivery for both, and communicate changes from plan.
- Implement and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Knowledge and application of UX principles and methods: User-centered design, process-centered design, tasks and needs analysis.
- Experience with application design, interaction design, information design, information architecture, infographics, data presentation/visualization, and typography.
- Proficiency with tools of trade (Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, Figma, Adobe, or their equivalents).
- Ability to anticipate needs, think several steps ahead, and walk up and down ladder of abstraction.
- Ability to design back-of-the-napkin solutions and in high detail.
- Knowledge of domain experts: Edward Tufte, Alan Cooper, Bret Victor, etc.
- Front-end programming skills: HTML, CSS.
- Visual design skills.
- Data modeling and querying (SQL) experience.
- Technical understanding of ad serving ecosystem.
- Experience working in medium to large organizations.
- BA/BS, with degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Information Design or a related discipline.
- Analytical thinking and visual imagination skills
- Willingness to learn and self improve
- Curiosity, drive to understand end users, delight and optimize their experience
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability meet deadlines with minimal direction
- Empathy, emotional maturity and teamwork mentality
- Competitive Salary and Bonuses
- Paid benefits for the employees: Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life insurance/AD&D
- Paid parental leave
- Summer “Work from Anywhere” Fridays
- Health and Wellness programs
- Employee discounts – e.g. gym memberships, wireless plans, entertainment tickets
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Casual Office Atmosphere
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Ongoing Education & Training
- Company Sponsored Events & Team Building Experiences
Viant is transforming the world of omnichannel, programmatic media buying and advanced data analytics with a wide range of technologies leveraging artificial intelligence and machine learning to advance digital advertising effectiveness.
Viant designs and develops cloud-based software systems for automated routine analyses to identify hidden insights and high-value opportunities. We capture and analyze data about demand patterns, product preferences, and content consumption behaviors to improve customer retention and loyalty. Viant is continually optimizing how we measure that experience to determine how and where our clients should advertise and sell their products. Viant aims at uncovering revenue opportunities hidden in customer data and recommends where clients should focus marketing experiments to provide high-impact business breakthroughs faster. Viant’s vision is to improve advertising effectiveness by driving real business outcomes while transforming enterprise data into actionable natural language insights for business leaders.
In 2017, Viant acquired Adelphic Inc., a programmatic demand side platform company. Adelphic provides an omnichannel programmatic software solution for agencies, brands and other large media buyers to make meaningful engagements with consumers across today’s fragmented media market. For more information visit us at www.viantinc.com.
Viant is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Viant are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race; color; religion (includes religious beliefs, observance or practice, religious dress or grooming practices); creed; sex; sexual orientation; gender; gender identity or expression; transgender status; pregnancy, childbirth or related condition (including breastfeeding); marital status; national origin; citizenship; military status, veteran status; ancestry, age; physical or mental disability; medical condition (includes cancer or a record or history of cancer), genetic characteristics; or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws, and Viant prohibits harassment based on any such protected basis or characteristics.