WELL is a fully integrated patient communication platform that enables enterprise health systems, private practices, and vendors to communicate with patients securely across any channel, including text messaging, email, telephone, and live-chat.
With WELL, patients receive all of their healthcare communication from one trusted source — their provider. The platform empowers service representatives to seamlessly converse with patients in real time, ensuring patients feel heard while driving staff efficiency and increased revenue.
Founded in 2015, WELL is based in Santa Barbara, California and was recently rated the category leader for Patient Engagement Software by G2 Crowd. WELL serves many of the country’s leading health systems and powers best-in-class experiences for more than 7,000 healthcare professionals and 5 million patients nationwide.
WELL is looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer. As a UX Designer at WELL, you’ll be working directly with our users as well as our Product, Engineering, and Marketing teams to help shape the future of our rapidly growing product. You'll bring an exceptional and intuitive experience to our clients and their patients through understanding their needs; taking complex problems and distilling them into simple, intuitive designs.
- Collaborate with WELL Product Management and Engineering Teams to design new features in WELL using flow diagrams, mockups, wireframes, and other UX artifacts
- Distill complex concepts into intuitive and easy-to-use UX frameworks
- Orchestrate usability testing with users both onsite at hospitals across the country or via remote sessions
- Analyze and re-assess user engagement and success after releasing new UX designs
- 4+ years of experience designing beautiful, functional, world-class applications
- A strong portfolio of prior design work, including for software products
- A strong track record of collecting user research through observation and interviews
- Demonstrated success in turning user research into product design insights
- Expert in design software (such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- Skilled in visual design and layout
- An exceptional, artistic eye for color & typography
- A problem solver by nature - we are looking for someone with the ability to understand complex problems, break them down into disparate components, and create an intuitive resolution via design
- Strong communication skills with a proven track record of working with cross-functional teams
- Someone who can’t stop thinking about improving product experience
- Someone who loves meeting their end users and seeks to understand how a user thinks and feels about a product
- Bachelor’s in graphic design, UX, or a related area of study
- Full Health Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Generous equity package
- Unlimited Vacation / PTO
- Located in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara
- Monthly commuter stipend
- Fantastic company culture
- Frequent happy hours and events
- Stocked kitchen
- Ergonomic desk setup
- Dog friendly office