Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Fair is a FinTech company that provides a new way to shop, get approved and pay for your next car—all on your phone. It gives customers the freedom to drive the car they want for as long as they want, and the flexibility to turn it in at any time.
Our name pretty much says it all. It's our culture. It's the way we treat our customers, our network of dealers and our fast-growing family of employees. We believe in hard work, and we believe hard work should be rewarded. That's why we offer equity incentives, 100% coverage of medical, vision and dental premiums for employees and their families, 100% paid parental leave for 4 months, cellphone reimbursement, 401(k) retirement plans and free lunch 5 days a week for every employee. The way we see it, better to be more than fair than not to live up to our name.
Who You Are:
You improve our understanding of our users’ needs by conducting primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users, and clearly presenting findings to stakeholders. You’re passionate about the importance of human-centered design and you’re a strong UX writer whose style is clear, concise, and user-centric.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct user research and clearly communicate findings via compelling research artifacts.
- Create research findings documentation, presentation decks, user stories, user journeys, user flows, wireframes, and mobile prototypes.
- Build a system to document and organize user research findings in a way that promotes access and visibility throughout our company.
- Use research findings to advocate for the simplest experience that supports our users’ needs and goals.
- Use writing and editing skills to organize, audit, and write user-centric UI text and microcopy.
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years’ experience creating products with a portfolio showing user research, UX writing, and interaction design work illustrating problem solving across a variety of projects.
- Demonstrated experience conducting semi-structured interviews, surveys, contextual field visits, and usability studies — live or remote.
- Ability to create mobile prototypes for testing.
- Ability to quickly turn around findings and recommendations from research.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points, always putting the user’s needs first.
- Deep understanding of human psychology as applied to interaction design.
- Experience with localization and accessibility best practices.
- Be a strong collaborator who can thrive in a cross-functional team environment to present and iterate on your designs.
- Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Psychology, Writing, or similar.