The Role You Will Have
- Set the UX strategy and direction of Startpage, the world’s most private search engine.
- Run usability tests, user interviews, surveys, and general research to help Startpage gain better insights into our users. Strive to create a shared understanding of Startpage’s users across all teams.
- Deliver research findings, prototypes, and wireframes to the designers who will transform them into pixel-perfect designs.
- Continually look for potential improvements in our product, propose new concepts, get stakeholder buy-in, and turn ideas into successful projects.
- Design experiences with both first-time users and experienced return users in mind.
- Collaborate with data analysts to measure the success of your flows and define points of improvement.
- Define, improve, and educate the broader team on Startpage’s UX design process.
What You Will Bring
- 3-5 years of experience in UX, with an extensive portfolio demonstrating work in user experience, wireframing and prototyping, and user research
- Strong understanding of the user research process, and experience with usertesting.com or a similar tool
- Proven thought leadership on usability and user-centered design principles
- Research and data-first mentality
- Basic understanding of web technologies
- Experience as a successful designer or researcher in the consumer applications or data privacy space preferred
- Experience working with design systems preferred
- Experience working with Figma (for wireframes, designs, or prototyping) a plus
What We Have to Offer
- Competitive PTO
- 10 Company Holidays
- Untracked sick time
- Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
- 401k w/match
- Professional development reimbursement
- Leadership & growth opportunities
- Commuter benefits