Route is a one-click premium shopping experience for online ordering, and the only way to view all of your online orders, from any merchant, in one place. Online shoppers can insure and visually track everything they order online in one centralized app. E-commerce merchants from boutique brands to household names can add Route to their website empowering one-click solutions for their customers for shipping insurance, visual package tracking, and one-click claim handling. With offices in both Silicon Slopes, Utah (HQ) and Santa Monica, California, Route embodies a creative lifestyle partnered with innovative tech to build a one of a kind global brand.
About the Role
As the UX Copywriter for the Product team, you will be involved in every aspect of the existing consumer journey and be the connective tissue between brand and product. You’ll work closely with our Product, Design, and Engineering teams to deliver high quality and thoughtful experiences to our customers. You will be responsible for product copy in Route’s consumer app and Route network communications., working closely with our brand team and marketing copywriting team to make sure the copy you write helps people use our products and is also consistent with our brand tone of voice. Ultimately, you’ll help raise the bar for all product communication, driving consistency and further developing our voice and tone guidelines as part of our wider foundational design system.Responsibilities
- Understand our users and help build the vision for how to improve their experience across all devices, while balancing technology, brand, and business goals.
- Turn complex concepts or journeys into clear, concise, compelling copy. And consider things like tone, clarity, and flow along the way.
- Help to shape the tone of voice for the Route app and user journey
- Try out your ideas through user testing and research, to make sure they’re meeting real audience needs and are pitched at the right level.
- Be a champion for quality and the guardian of the details. Help your team understand and appreciate the impact of good design and what it takes to make it happen.
- Develop and evolve copy workflows and processes, as related to copy development, productization, company-wide tone-of-voice and more
- Collaborate with copywriters, designers, researchers, product managers, marketers and engineers
- You’ve done great writing work for all sorts of digital experiences, be they websites, chatbots, apps or games. And you’ve got the portfolio to prove it.
- You can hammer out headlines and fine-tune CTAs
- You consider the overall user journey and how the right word choice, tone and narrative flow can make everything sing
- Growth mindset. You have the ability to approach product and UX with growth as the key objective.
- Communicator. You understand the power of storytelling, and can sift through the narratives and elements to uncover the story within.
- Gritty. You understand that your experience is valuable and can blend intuition with data to guide key decisions.
- A portfolio showcasing your copywriting work in digital products and throughout a user’s journey. Tell us about the work as well as showing it.
- 3+ years experience in UX copywriting
- Strong storyteller with the ability to develop copy that get customers' attention and build product brands people love
- You’ve worked with other disciplines to ship quality products beyond handing off copy documents
- Ability to receive constructive criticism to ultimately improve the end result
- Willingness to take initiative and ownership of tasks and deliverables
Route offers an array of benefits including generous salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, and an unlimited PTO policy.
Route is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!