User Experience Researcher
At GoGuardian, we’re building applications that integrate technology with classroom instruction to improve learning. In the role of UX Researcher, you’ll partner with engineers, designers, and product owners to understand and represent the end-user in the development of GoGuardian products.
- Conduct research tests in collaboration with Product Managers and UX Designers, moderate stakeholder discussion, and capture all feedback and documentation.
- Propose and initiate self-driven research inquiry based on a detailed understanding of our current products, users, and customers.
- Define and develop a testing protocol for each research activity, including establishing research goals, defining testing formats, and all logistics and planning pertaining to conducting a successful user research session.
- Develop and produce testing tools, such as questionnaires and surveys, handouts, diagrams, mockups and interactive prototypes, with the assistance of the Design and Product teams.
- Synthesize and assist in the analysis of all resulting research findings and work with product and design teams to implement relevant results into the design process.
- Develop slides, summaries, and other outward documentation to communicate research results to the Exec team and any other interested groups.
- Organize all research documents, including subject recordings, testing plans, notes, and outcomes into a research archive.
- Develop and promote consistent research methods within the product organization and across GoGuardian, including establishing research goals, choosing formats, and all logistics and planning pertaining to conducting a successful user research program.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of work experience in a product development environment, with frequent customer and user contact and interaction.
- Enthusiasm to share, innovate, and create world-class design with a like-minded team of fellow creatives.
- Previous experience building a team - understanding organizational needs, defining process and roles, and allocating skill sets to meet those needs.
- Interest or experience in education and a desire to see technology transform learning
- Interest in design tools for developing research prototypes
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to identify design solutions from a variety of data and information sources.
Read Full Job Description