Snap Lab is home to the Spectacles brand and a world-class Research & Development team, working together to pave the way for the future of the camera — and innovating how creative computing will be overlaid on the world around us.
We’re looking for a UI/UX Designer to join Team Spectacles! As a UI/UX Designer, you’ll be a part of a small team rapidly designing and prototyping new features and ideas for current and next-generation Spectacles products. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll work closely with our Product Strategy, Design, and Engineering teams to deliver high quality and thoughtful experiences to our customers. You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of design and execution, including pitching your ideas, designing the feature (visual design, interaction design, and prototyping), and partnering with engineering to implement your vision. You will be expected to be able to communicate your ideas to team members and leadership within the company.
What you’ll do:
- Conceive new feature ideas and pitch them directly to the CEO
- Be a leader - Snap is a design-led company and as a UI/UX Designer you will be expected to lead projects and teams
- Design and prototype simple and intuitive experiences for Spectacles
- Contribute to all stages of the design process from user research to wireframes and shipping the product
- Identify the needs of Spectacles users and improve on existing features
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for your product area
- Regularly give and receive feedback on design iterations
- Work with other designers, product managers, and engineers to oversee new user experiences from concept to launch
- Communicate design goals and specifications to the engineers responsible for building them
- A portfolio showcasing your work and strong design skills
- 3+ years experience designing and shipping mobile applications
- Ability to prototype interactive mobile experiences
- Strong visual design skills and passion for interaction design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. You’ll be expected to clearly communicate design strategy to executives, the rest of the team, and to engineers
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Technical background or a familiarity with software engineering
- Capable of acting as a Product Manager when needed
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous work environment
- Passion for Snap Inc. and Spectacles products!