Deluxe’s Technology and Innovation Group is on the forefront of change within media management from creation to consumption. We’re looking someone who shares our passion for disrupting, transforming, and uniting the entertainment ecosystem in this new age of digital storytelling.
We currently have an opening for a temporary UI/UX Designer in our Burbank location.
Position: UI/UX Designer – Technology Products / Tools
- Assist the Product teams in building intuitive, simple and scalable interfaces for Deluxe’s technology solutions, platforms and tools.
- Collaborate with product owners, stakeholders, BAs and management to collect requirements and filter those into the UI/UX design and implementation plans.
- Collaborate with product stakeholders to define and design new products, features, flows and mockups for a suite of b2b tools.
- Evaluate UI/UX design throughout the development cycle and provide feedback to developers, BAs and PMs to ensure final product meets requirements and is successful. Solicit feedback from stakeholders during the process as required.
- Write up feature descriptions, help screens, training documentation and metadata/sales documentation as needed.
- Assist with training users during the roll out process and provide support/manage escalation during the early stages of product/tool/feature launch.
- Document requirements and track tasks as needed to assist the BAs and PMs.
- Perform basic functionality and testing of tools along the development cycle.
- Communicate status regularly and escalate issues to management in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- When applying, please list 3 products you think have a great UI/UX and explain why.
- Additionally, please include your portfolio, if available.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
- B.S. degree in Human-Computer Interaction/Design/Arts/Computer Science/Business or related field preferred
- 3 Years of software UI/UX design experience preferred
- Familiarity with basic UI/UX/design tools (Sketch, InVision, Balsamiq, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite) preferred
- Strong documentation, technical writing, project management, organization, time management and problem-solving skills preferred
- Strong understanding of composition, layouts, color theory, typography and obsessive attention to detail
- Has an artistic eye and can run with design examples
- Strong conceptual, visual, problem solving and analytical skills in order to think through multi-step design flow from start to finish
- Willingness to dive into and understand technology, workflows and structure behind Deluxe’s software platforms, products and tools
- Has previous QA experience and can work directly with product stakeholders to ensure the successful implementation of your designs
- High command of verbal and written English with good communication and reporting skills
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines and flexible to work extended hours/weekends as needed
- Self-motivated, team player and action-and-results oriented
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.