Technical UI Artist at GreenPark Sports
Technical UI Artist
We’re building the future of Fan Engagement experiences for live sports. It’s a frenetic, all-in, raise-the-stakes and show-your-passion mobile game experience where the best fans win. Our fast-growing all-star team loves both sports and eSports and we’re not afraid to show it. We've closed a healthy Seed Round with investors that represent all major leagues that believe as passionately as we do in our future of sports and fan engagement.
GreenPark is looking for a seasoned and versatile Technical UI Artist with a knack for visual design and the technical prowess of implementation in Unity 3D. As GreenPark’s Technical UI Artist, you aim to craft best in class visuals, through bridging interface design with game art. You will work cross-discipline between the visual design lead, UX Design, animation and motion, vfx, audio, and engineers, with the ultimate goal of realizing UI mock-ups to reality. As a creative team member, you will convey UI clarity and world class design aesthetics to offer players the best experience.
- Work closely with the Art Director and Technical Art Director to establish a consistent visual clarity, design language, and player feedback.
- Design UI Architecture and system catered to product and feature needs.
- Create interactive UI prototypes and proof-of-concepts in Unity3D.
- Contribute to design and implementation of UI assets in-engine.
- Collaborate with engineers to carry designs from concept to final implementation within constraints.
- Proactive in solving technical problems before they arise.
- Apply and maintain cohesive user flow throughout gameplay systems and features
- Iterate usability through player feedback and optimize for simplicity, clarity, and functionality.
- Set the standard for UI hard and fast rules and ensure best practices are maintained.
- Ensure scalable layouts across devices with product localization challenges in mind.
- 3+ years working as a Technical UI artist/designer in video games using Unity3D.
- Comfortable working with C# and/or Visual Scripting.
- Passion for UI workflow optimization and efficiency.
- Experienced implementing dynamic UI artwork in Unity3D.
- Advance in Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or After Effects
- Solid understanding of Maya.
- Experienced in combining 2.5D, 3D, with UI.
- Experienced in overcoming challenges of mobile UI from an artistic and technical perspective.
- Foundation in graphic design.
- Great eye for motion design and vfx.
- Experienced working in Adobe XD, Figma and/or Sketch
- Ability to work well within a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative team environment.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and an ability to receive and provide objective feedback.
- Awareness of latest trends in user interface design.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Note: Please do not forget to submit your portfolio for review with your submission.
What we offer
- Opportunity: With a small, core team of talented people, iterating and scaling fast, you’ll be hands-on and learning right away.
- Location: We have two amazing offices - LA (Calabasas) and SF (Downtown Burlingame).
- Culture: We strive to be welcoming and inclusive. As an early team member, you’ll be active in recruiting decisions ensuring we build a culture you want to be part of.
- Salary: A competitive salary with stock options.
- Benefits: Option to join a Health, Vision and Dental benefits plan with growing benefits as the company is growing.
- Time-Off: Flexible PTO
- Away Games: With a team split between Los Angeles (Calabasas) and Burlingame, there’s occasional travel.
Please note: We do NOT offer H1B sponsorship or transfers at this time.
We find ourselves in unusual times and as such, both of our offices are on a Work From Home schedule due to COVID-19. But don't worry, we have your back when it comes to provisioning all the necessary hardware you will need to perform at the top of your game all from the comfort of your home.
Job Applicant Notice at Collection
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at GreenPark Sports, Inc. When creating a profile and submitting your application, we will collect the following categories of personal information: direct identifiers, such as your name and contact information; professional information, such as your previous employment, education background, and work authorizations (e.g., work visas); and other information you include in your resume, cover letter and other job application materials, such as your preferences, skills, abilities, and references. We also may collect your social media information if you connect your social media account when creating a profile.
We use each category of the information you provide to evaluate your candidacy for the job opening(s) that you apply to and other job openings at GreenPark Sports, Inc. that we think may interest you. We also use each category of information for other business purposes, including to comply with federal and state laws requiring us to maintain certain records, to manage our workforce, to detect security incidents, and to protect against fraudulent or other illegal activity.